Farnley Parish Church is dedicated to St. Michael and All Angels. The first chapel was built under Henry V in 1417. This was replaced in 1761 and and in 1885, the present church replaced it. Baptisms and burials
were carried out here from an early period and some memorial stones in the church
yard date back to the 17th century. Marriages for Farnley were carried out at Leeds parish
church until 1839. Known records date back to 1624. It is now used as a Rumanian Orthodox church. "Stray" records at other churches for Farnley residents can be found under "Strays".
St James Chapel is situate in New Farnley and Baptism records are available
Farnley Hill Wesleyan Methodist Church was built on Stonebridge Lane in 1797.
Now closed, the church itself is now a listed building.
New Blackpool Methodist is on Cow Close Road and is now used for community purposes.
The Farnley Moorside Primitive Methodists used the 'Mission' building, properly known as the Lancasterian School, for their worship. This building was built in 1813 and rebuilt in 1875. It is still used for religious purposes.