The 1861 census in part of High & Low Bishopside is covered by piece RG 9/3193,
Enumeration District 2, Folios 23 to 37.
The district contained 567 people on the day of the census.
The Enumerator was William Skaife jnr..
The data is presented here in its original order. Schedule is the number
given to each separate household and is reproduced here to help show the whole
' Part of the Township of Bishopside from Hawkridge House comprising all houses on both sides of the road including Wath, Yeadon, Lavarack,
Mount Pleasant, Wild Carr, also Damon field to Quarry House, Knott, Tiplady, Kiln Hill both sides of the road, Mile stone 3 houses, Village of Low Plain,
Low Fold, Glass House Mill, Stock Plain, Dredger Bore house and Hare Field Cottage.'