© CalverleyInfo 2001-2015 - all rights reserved. This page last updated February 10, 2015

Idle St John the Divine Church Records

The church of St John the Divine was situated in Cavendish Street, Thorpe Edge. The old church was demolished in the 1960s and a new church built with the same name. Records start from 1873. Baptisms up until 1904 appear only in Idle Holy Trinity records. For the period 1904 to 1923, the baptism records are duplicated in Holy Trinity's records. After this period, the records appear solely in St Johns registers. The church became a separate parish in 1923.