calverley

© CalverleyInfo 2001-2012 - all rights reserved. This page last updated November 1, 2012

Farsley Town St Wesleyan Methodist Marriages

 

The first chapel was built in Back Lane, Farsley in 1827. The new chapel was built in 1844 at a cost of £1250. After 1848, the church split into two groups, the reformists and the loyalists, of which the reformists were the larger group. They took over the old chapel at Back Lane in 1851, and in 1852 bought the new chapel as well. The church split formally in 1857 when the reformists became the United Methodist Free Church. The Wesleyan loyalists were without a chapel until 1865, when Town St Chapel was built. The churches were re-united in two amalgamations in 1907 and 1932.A few marriages are listed at this chapel from 1942.

 

Groom
Name
Bride
Name
Reference
Date
Groom
Name
Bride
Name
Reference
Date
SCHOFIELD Leslie BIRKINSHAW Nancy AP294/A/1 1942
CRAVEN Jack HARE Marjorie AP294/A/2 1943
FEARICK Kenneth CRAVEN Renee AP294/A/3 1946
COATES Jack DOWGILL Sheila AP294/A/4 1949
GOOR Charles K CHAPLIN Nancy AP294/A/5 1950
JONES Reginald NICHOLSON Hannah E AP294/A/6 1950
WALTON James A BAYLISS Elaine AP294/A/7 1950
KORJINEWSKI Piotr RAWSON Lily AP294/A/8 1950