Pudsey Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Church Records
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Pudsey was built in 1773, the first trustees being George Beecroft, Edward Tindall, Joseph Brown, Samuel Fenton and John Scholefield.
In 1781 the leaders were Joseph Fenton, Edward Tindall, Joseph Brown, James Ackroyd, and John Turner of Farsley.
In 1807, the Lower Wesleyan Sunday School started in a house at Lowtown, Pudsey, and in 1815, the "Clock Chapel" was built (image left), opening on May 1st 1816.
In 1823, a Wesleyan Sunday School commenced at Littlemoor Bottom, Pudsey, and in 1826 the Wesleyan Upper Sunday School, Lowtown, was established.
A Wesleyan chapel was erected at Gibraltar, Pudsey, during 1840. In 1899, the Trinity Chapel (right) replaced the Clock Chapel.