calverley

© CalverleyInfo 2001-2013 - all rights reserved. This page last updated November 3, 2012

Windhill Wesleyan Chapel Burials

 
lower burial ground

 The surviving section of the Lower Burial Ground on Crag Road

 

Burials started at the Old Burial Ground on Crag Road in 1835. A new, larger cemetery was opened in 1855 on Owlet Road, but burials were still made at Crag Road until 1918. The Old Ground comprised two sections, the Lower Ground and the Front Ground on Crag Road and this is the surviving section which can be seen in the original plan opposite