The 1911 Census of Birstwith is covered by film RG 14/25832, ED 1.
The Census was carried out by enumerator Thomas Kidd Stobbs and contains 488 persons. The data is presented here in its original
order. Schedule is the number given to each separate household and is reproduced
here to help show the whole household.
1. Eccl. Parish Birstwith St James the Apostle (entire):
The Island, Wreaks Mill and Houses, The Square, School-house and dwelling, Elton Bottom, Post Office, The Vicarage St James Church, Allotment, New Row, The Moss, East View, Laurel Bank, New Bridge, Railway Gatehouse at Ross Bridge, Bell House, Reynard Craggs, Hill Top Farm, Swarcliffe Top, Fernwood & Spring Cottages, Somerset House, Woodside, Sleights, Lolly Bogs, Cote Hill, Staups, Trees House, Slack Dyke, Kettlesing Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and School, Mount Pleasant, Crow Trees, Long Scales, Hollin House, Grassmere, Hew Green, Cragg Hall, Emmet Lane, Tang Road, Birstwith Hall, Rehaboth Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Duke William Inn, Swarcliffe Farm, Swarcliffe Hall, Sun House, Clapham Green
2. Eccl. Parish Hampsthwaite St Thomas à Becket (part of):
Hirst Grove Lodge and Dwelling House, Fell's Buildings, Clapham Green Primitive Methodist Chapel