calverley

© CalverleyInfo 2001-2012 - all rights reserved. This page last updated November 3, 2012

Pudsey Cemetery Burial Records: General Section

 

 

The new Municipal Cemetery in Pudsey was completed in June 1875. The site was approved by the Home Secretary in June 1872. It was purchased from Messrs. Farrer, of Pudsey, and contains nearly twelve acres.
The cost was about £10,000. The east side of the cemetery was set apart for burial purposes in connection with the Church of England, and this portion was consecrated on the 8th day of June, 1875, by the Right Rev. Dr. Ryan, representing the Lord Bishop of Ripon.
The first interment took place on June 9th, 1875, when a child aged about two years, the daughter of Mr. G.V. Bannister, of Lowtown, was interred in the unconsecrated portion.

Some of the graves are listed with a corresponding memorial which can be found in the Memorials pages under the same section and plot number . Please note that the memorial is linked to the grave and some of the persons in that grave may not be listed on the memorial. Likewise, some of the people on the memorial may not be in that location.